Thursday, October 23, 2008

Upon the Level of Time

Because of this job I have the pleasure of traveling across the state meeting many Brothers along the way. This afternoon I received several phone calls from Brothers up in Anoka to share very sad news with me... Last night WB Dan Croswell was involved in a single car crash and while being transported to the hospital he passed to the Celestial Lodge above.

While Anoka Lodge #30 is not in the Southeast Area, I had the chance to get to know WB Dan over the last few years. On several occasions he came down to Owatonna to attend Lodge and this year he had been serving the Daughters of Bethel #48 as their Director of Music.

Tonight I will give thanks to the Supreme Architect for allowing me to serve the Brothers and Daughters of Minnesota and for bringing so many great people into my life. My prayers go out to WB Dan's family, friends and Masonic family.

The following I feel is very appropriate for the occasion...

"It has pleased the everlasting Master Builder to bear our beloved Brother from the chain of our Brotherhood. Who did not know him? Who did not value him? Only a few weeks ago he stood in our midst, and with him magic tones added much beauty to the dedication of our Masonic Temple. He was the most enthusiastic follower of our Order. Love for his Brethren, sociability, enthusiasm for the good cause, charity, and true and deep feeling of pleasure when he was able by means of his talents to help one of his Brethren ~ these were the chief features of his character..." Eulogy given for Brother Amadeus Mozart by his Lodge

No comments:

Post a Comment